Effective as of December 1st, 2018
Welcome to HealthHive. We’re thrilled that you have chosen to take active control of your health & wellness (or that of a loved one). Few things are more important than controlling your health information, and we take our stewardship of your data very seriously.
We are a service business, and our goal is to provide the best service and solution to our users. We believe that you should have control over your information, and that you should have the freedom to decide how your information is used. We also believe that there is great public benefit to sharing certain anonymized health information which cannot be attributed back to you (your personal health information or “PHI”) for purposes of research, product development and the development of clinical algorithms. Therefore, we make the option to share available to you. We do, however, also give you the option not to share, so that you may make the decision that best suits you.
By using or downloading the Service, you agree that your personal information, including any information about your health that you provide directly to us or that we collect through your use of the Service, may be transferred to, and/or stored in the United States and handled as described in this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You. We collect information directly from you, from devices and third-party services and integrations to which you connect.
When You Create, Update, or add information. When you register to use our Service, we collect the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address and password. We also collect any additional information you choose to directly add: (i) to your profile; (ii) to our application via direct input, email, fax; and/or (iii) via integrations which you authorize to share information with us.
We collect additional information from Integrations and Devices you connect to your App:
- Information Collected From Your Phone.In addition to the collection described above, we may collect basic information from your mobile device, including device model and OS version, device ID, device language, activities within the App and how long the App is open.
If you choose to connect your mobile device to a compatible third-party service, with your permission, we may collect information from your user profile including: username and email address, heart rate BPM, step count and distance traveled, activity sample, glucose and oxygen saturation levels, active and resting energy levels, sleep analysis, blood pressure readings, and workout history. We do this to be able to provide you with a better solution.
- When you integrate third party data sources or devices.We collect raw data and/or documents you choose to transfer to HealthHive via your approved integrations. We may collect additional information from your mobile device at the time of recording information, including accelerometer data, local time, local time zone, and geographic location.
We may also collect information provided through our app and/or integrations, including any personal or sensitive information you choose to provide through this feature. All of the information which we collect is collected because we believe that it will directly or indirectly deliver greater value to you and your other Hive members.
- When you make payments through the Service, you may need to provide your shipping address and financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We do not collect or store financial account information, though we may receive transaction identifiers and summary information that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
- When You Contact Us.When you contact HealthHive directly, such as when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
How We Use Your Information
We process your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Service.
- To research and develop new products and features.
- For marketing purposes, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. You can opt-out of receiving marketing at any time as described below.
- To better understand how users access and use our Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Service and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other analytical purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information. We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- With Your Consent.With your explicit prior consent, we may share information from the Service with other third-party partners, including your personal information and data collected from your devices.
- Your Healthcare Providers or Family.With your explicit consent, we may share your information, including information collected from your connected devices, with your healthcare providers and/or family members (e.g., immediate family or friends) that you designate to receive your information.
- Clinical Trial Studies.With your explicit consent, physicians and staff of clinical trial programs may use the Service as a means of collecting data for the trial study. If the Service is used as part of a clinical trial study, we will use and share information about the clinical trial collected through the Service in accordance with our agreement with the clinical trial program and any privacy notices provided to you as part of the clinical trial program.
- Other Health-focused Mobile Apps.With your explicit consent, we may share your profile information and data collected from your connected devices with other health-focused applications to help you track your health and wellness information. If you share your information with these apps, your personal information, including your health information, will be used in accordance with those apps separate privacy policies, not this one.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share aggregate or de-identified information—so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual—with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Health Researchers.We may share data collected through the Service with healthcare researchers and other research organizations, including de-identified profile information and data collected from your connected devices. We will never share your name or other information that could identify you.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as providers of hosting, email communication, customer support services, analytics, marketing, and advertising, based on our instructions, and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- In Response to Legal Process.We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. Our policy is to notify you of legal process seeking access to your information, such as search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. In cases where a court order specifies a non-disclosure period, we provide delayed notice after the expiration of the non-disclosure period. Exceptions to our notice policy include exigent or counterproductive circumstances, for example, when there is an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to a person.
- Third Party Analytics.We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Service. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Service. We use these tools to help us improve our Service, performance, and user experiences.
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee complete security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to and Deleting My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service for a period of time.
We store information associated with your account until your account is deleted. Please note that it may take a bit of time to delete your account information, and we may preserve it for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How Information Is Shared section.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. We may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at support@HealthHive.org.
26 Broadway, 3rd floor
New York, New York 10004
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Service. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change.