How To Add Patients Via an EHR Integration
From Your Patient List, select Add Patient and then the EHR Integration option. Now complete these steps:
- Select Add Patient and then EHR Integration.
- Select the circle by the facility or facilities from which you would like to add your Patients. You may select as many as you would like and then hit Next; you must select at least one. (If you don't see the facility you are looking for in this list you can learn how to Add Facilities To Your Portal here.)
- Select the circle by the Patients you would like to Add. The added Patients will appear in your "cart" (on the bottom right-hand side of the page). To remove Patients from your cart select the X next to the name of the Patient, or uncheck the box by their name. This list will only show Patients that do not currently have Hives connected to your Portal. You may also refresh the Patients your EHR has sent to this list by using the button.
- (optional) If any of the Patients you have selected have an existing Hive, you will be asked to "Match" that Hive in this step. If no Hives currently exist for those Patients you should proceed to the next step. When matching a Hive you will be presented with a view of the Patient's details in your EHR and of the details in their existing Hive. If the information shown is for the same person select the circle by their name and an invitation to grant your Organization access to their Hive will be sent. If the Patient in the Hive and the Patient in your EHR are different simply proceed without selecting them and a new Hive will be created for them in the next step.
- You are now ready to enter any needed details that did not come across from your EHR by free typing them into the appropriate fields. This is also where you will enter your Care Period. A Care Period is the time frame for which the Patient's Hive and your Organization's Portal are connected. You will only need the care Start Date to create the Hive, a Care End Date can be added at any time and will allow for the automatic removal of your Portal's connection.
- You're all set! The New Hives that you just created will appear in your organization's Patient List and will be populated with all the appropriate data from your EHR. After creation, the Hives will be immediately available for you to Assign Protocols to them.
What Happens When A Hive Is Created
Once a Hive is created the Patient, and/or any other Members whose email address were populated will receive an email that will allow them to create a password. From there they will need to accept the invitation their Hive has received from your Portal. More details on how to accept that invitation can be found here.
Important Things to Remember
Emails Are Very Important When you are entering any email take your time and be sure it is correct. Entering an email address for a Patient, Primary Contact, or Emergency Contact will result in HealthHive taking an action (sending them an invite, creating a Hive, etc) that can be very difficult to undo. The good news is if you don't know it, just leave it blank and you can fill it in later!
Care Periods are Crucial A Care Period is the time frame for which the Patient's Hive and your Organization's Portal are connected. Only the Care-Period Start Date is needed to add a Patient to your Portal, but you should speak with your Organization's HealthHive point person to learn more about your Organization's policy regarding Care-Start and Care-End Dates.
Emergency & Primary Contacts Will Have Permissions The information entered for Primary and Emergency Contacts will create Users in the Patient's Hive with Permissions. Your Patient will be created as the Hive Owner, Primary Contacts will be created as Hive Co-Owners and Emergency Contacts will have All Access (these settings can be changed at any time by Hive Owners or Co-Owners). You can learn more about Permission settings within your Patient's Hives here.