Once you have created and/or invited your Patient's Hive to connect to your Organization's Portal you can start preparing their Hive for the work ahead by:
This prep work should take less than 10 minutes per Hive and is crucial in making sure everyone using the HealthHive system is positioned for success.
Building a Care Team
The Care Team for a Hive is crucial as it helps to define what members can do, and the Notifications they receive. While you can change members of a Care Team at any point, you should begin by adding any of your co-workers that will need to interact with the Hive. To do this
- Navigate to the Hive, select the Care Team tab
- Select Manage Care Team
- Select the circles to the left of the co-workers you would like to add and when you’ve selected them all, hit Add.
Vital Normal Ranges and Notifications
If you plan to use the Vitals portion of HealthHive, you should confirm the Vital Ranges and Notifications you would like set for this specific Hive. To do so you can navigate to the Hive's Vitals tab and select Set Vital Ranges. This section will allow you to enter any unique vital ranges that a Patient may have, as well as set a Notification if a vital recording falls outside the range you set. This notification will be sent to the Care Team Members, however, how they receive the Notification will be dependent on the Notification Preferences they have set in their Personal Control Panel.
Giving them Tasks by Assigning them Protocols
The final step to Hive Prep is Assigning Protocols (this cannot be done on a mobile device). A Protocol is the list of Tasks you will ask your Patients, or their loved ones, to complete. To Assign a Protocol to a Hive:
- Navigate to the Protocol Section of your Portal.
- Select Assign Protocol.
- Select the desired Patient.
- Once you select the Patient you will be taken to a list of Base Protocols your Organization has already created. You can select as many of these Protocols as appropriate, or continue without any selections by choosing Next.
- Adjust the tasks imported, or build your own and hit Save.
For a more detailed walkthrough check out this quick video.
When you are assigning Protocols here are some important things to keep in mind
- Protocol Owners Only the parties you include as Owners of this Assign Protocol will be able to edit it in the future. Up to 10 Users or Departments can be added as Owners.
- Scheduling Tasks The line between overwhelmed and engaged can be very thin. For best results, we advise grouping activities together at similar times of day, so tasks can be completed together and with a level of predictability.
- Assigning Tasks If you don't Assign tasks to people, they won't receive Notifications (and most likely won't complete the task). At a minimum be sure to Assign tasks to your Patients, but for best results, you may want to Assign them to multiple people in a Patient's Hive. As a bonus, if you assign a task to someone they will automatically be added to that Patient's Care Team, as they are playing an active role in their care.
- Explaining Tasks When you create or edit a Task Name, you are also able to edit the notes explaining the benefit of performing that task. This will improve both your Patient's health literacy and overall engagement. Everyone wins!