Rather than just handing your Patients and their loved ones a stack of paper instructions, Protocols help you organize and assign Tasks and To-Do’s so that they actually get done. A Protocol can be as comprehensive as including multiple Tasks for a Resident in a day or as simple as a single weekly Task.
To Assign a Protocol to a Hive:
- Navigate to the Protocol Section of your Portal.
- Select Assign Protocol.
- Select the desired Patient.
- Once you select the Patient you will be taken to a list of Base Protocols your Organization has already created. You can select as many of these Protocols as appropriate, or continue without any selections by choosing Next.
- Adjust the tasks imported, or build your own and hit Save.
For a more detailed walkthrough check out this quick video
Important Things to Remember
When you are assigning Protocols here are some important things to keep in mind
- Protocol Owners Only the parties you include as Owners of this Assign Protocol will be able to edit it in the future. Up to 10 Users or Departments can be added as Owners.
- Scheduling Tasks The line between overwhelmed and engaged can be very thin. For best results, we advise grouping activities together at similar times of day, so tasks can be completed together and with a level of predictability.
- Assigning Tasks If you don't Assign tasks to people, they won't receive Notifications (and most likely won't complete the task). At a minimum be sure to Assign tasks to your Patients, but for best results, you may want to Assign them to multiple people in a Patient's Hive. As a bonus, if you assign a task to someone they will automatically be added to that Patient's Care Team, as they are playing an active role in their care.
- Explaining Tasks When you create or edit a Task Name, you are also able to edit the notes explaining the benefit of performing that task. This will improve both your Patient's health literacy and overall engagement. Everyone wins!