If you are like most of us, you probably have a pile of paper medical records sitting around your house. Make those records useful and accessible by uploading them to HealthHive.
How Can I Upload a Record?
1. Select the blue Add button.
2. Select Records.
3. Select the main Tag that the Record should be categorized under. You'll be able to choose additional Tags later.
4. Depending on the Tag you select you you may have the option to select additional Tags. This is optional.
5. Add a Title to your Record, and if you'd like, a Description.
6. Select Attach Files.
7. Choose any additional Tags you'd like.
8. Select Save
And you're done!
What If I Only Have Paper Copies of My Records?
Never Fear! If you have paper copies of your records (like many of us do) you can simply take photos of the images on a tablet device like an iPad, or smartphone and upload them directly to your Hive using our App (we have an App for Android and Apple devices). Here are some quick tips to help you get great quality photos of your Records:
- Turn off your flash. Flashes tend to reflect harshly off of white surfaces like paper. Instead of a flash take the photo in an area with a lot of natural light.
- Try to fill the camera frame with as much of the document as possible. For letter-size pieces of paper, you may want to rotate your camera 90 degrees so that the document fills the entire screen.
- Hold the camera phone with both hands to keep it steady. If your images are still blurry try resting the device or your hands on something stationary, like the back of a chair or a stack of books.