Along with your medical records, HealthHive can also help you keep track of Medications.
Much like adding other record types, you can use the Big Blue Add Button to add Medications as well. Once you select the Big Blue Add Button and pick Medication you'll see a series of fields. The only field you need to make sure you enter is the name of the Medication. Here's what the different fields mean and how to use them:
- Medicine Name - This field is for the name of the Medication. As you start typing you may notice that some suggestions begin to pop up under the Name Field. If you see one that fits what you're looking for select it, otherwise, finish typing your Medication Name.
- Status - Next to your Medication Name this is the second most important piece of information to log. The status of a Medication can be:
- Active - is for Medications that are currently being taken. (Only Medications with an Active Status will be able to be added to your Schedule.)
- Inactive - is for a Medication that is not currently being taken, but will most likely be taken again. An example of this could be a seasonal allergy medication.
- Completed - is for Medications that were taken for the treatment of a specific condition, which no longer needs attention, or has been remedied. An example of this would be an antibiotic.
- Suspended - is for any Medication that was being taken, but was stopped. An example of this could be a Medication that is suspected of causing an adverse effect and has been paused.
- Discontinued - is for Medications that are no longer being taken, but the condition is still present. An example of this would be if you took a medication for a heart condition, but your Physician switched you to a new medication.
- Reason Taken - This is a free text field where the details of why a Medication is being taken can be laid out.
- Instructions - This field is where specific instructions regarding how and when a medication should be taken.
- Schedule - This section can be used to further detail when a Medication should be taken. The information entered in this section is what will be used if you choose to build a Medication Schedule in HealthHive. Here's an example of how you would complete the schedule, for a medication that was to be taken every day at 8:00 AM:
- Set the Frequency to Everyday
- Enter the number of doses in the square under the correct time of day
- Select a specific time from the clock
- Things To Remember - allows you to include helpful information about each medication in an easy to visualize manner.
If you have authored a Medication you can also edit it. All you need to do is navigate to the Circle Menu for the Medication and select Edit. Then you can make any changes you'd like and hit Save.
If you do not see the edit option it means you did not author the Medication and therefore cannot edit it (though the ability to Update Medications you have not authored is coming in early 2021). This includes medications that were populated through your Patient Portals.